This MEV-Boost status update covers the past two weeks, from July 1st to July 15th. See also all previous mev-boost status updates.
- Add verifications in getHeader handler by @0xpanoramix in #182
- status-check: proxy relay check until first responds ok, enabled with… by @metachris in #185
- update go-boost-utils to v0.2.0 by @metachris in #188
- Fix some things I noticed when reviewing by @jtraglia in #191
- getHeader 204 (no content) by @metachris in #190
- Handle unhandled errors by @terencechain in #195
- Move mergemock-integration to separate bash script by @jtraglia in #193
- Cleanup makefile by @jtraglia in #194
- Add redirect checks by @avalonche in #205
- Document the machine setup for installing mev-boost by @elopio in #204
- Default MaxHeaderSize to 4kb by @avalonche in #206
- RelayEntry arg support by @metachris in #208
- Docker images are available on Docker Hub:
- First source-code audit completed. The audit spotted a few minor issues which are now fixed and released. The audit report will be published next week.
- Relay API Spec moving towards a stable version 1.
#mev-boostchannel in the Flashbots Discord
- Special thanks to Justin Traglia for several valuable contributions!
- Start of collaboration on proposer config file format specification by Stefan Bratanov + Enrico Del Fante. More details in mev-boost#154.
- Major updates on the Flashbots relays for Kiln, Ropsten and Sepolia
- Ben took a bunch of notes of the Consensus-layer call on July 14th.
- Flashbots will provide a relay and builder for Goerli and Mainnet shadow fork 10. Take a look at out Call for testing and the accompanying setup instructions for new node operators.
- Interesting comments in Do you want to run a builder? (mev-boost#145)
- Rocket Pool - Smart Node release v1.5.0 beta 2 with MEV-Boost support for Teku, Prysm, and Lighthouse
Testing and implementation
mev-boost is ready for testing, and we need you! If you’re a solo validator or node operator, please help us test on the Kiln and Ropsten networks. Let us work together so the infrastructure is ready for the merge, and validators can profit from MEV from their first block.
Follow this guide to run mev-boost, a consensus client and an execution client: https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost/wiki/Testing - and feel free to reach out if you need any support in this.
- Prysm finished the builder-specs integration, is now testable on the
- Teku and Prysm are ready for testing.
Consensus-layer client implementation status
Content and education
- Post by ladislaus.eth: FAQ: MEV and mev-boost (for node runners)
- Post by Flashbots: Call for testing with additional setup instructions for new node operators
- Post by foobar: Ethereum Proof-of-Stake: Explaining Ethereum's consensus mechanism after The Merge - very good in-depth post about Ethereum’s inner workings
💬 Reach out via ‣, and
#mev-boost in the Flashbots Discord
🛠️ Help us test mev-boost and our relay+builder on all the testnets - available on Kiln, Ropsten and Sepolia. See also detailed instructions at https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost#usage