This MEV-Boost status update covers the past two weeks, from August 12-26 2022.
- We've made several updates to boost.flashbots.net
- Congratulations to Figment, Lido, Rocketpool, and Staked for receiving ✅ on Goerli!
- Various PRs shipped this week on mev-boost:
- Ignoring bids with zero value #261
- portable builds local and for Docker #258
- Parse slot/gas as uint64 in test code to prevent downcasting #252
- Readme updates
- New release coming early next week with all of the recent improvements
- Add validator relay selection from configuration file #186 - WIP, should land soon
- PRs shipped on the relay:
- Decoupling of block submission from API, and using database as fallback for getPayloadrequests #85
- Big database cleanup & refactor #81
- Support for boost-relay to connect with multiple beacon nodes #73
- Landed a block on Sepolia with builder transaction payment to proposer!
- Official implementation of relay monitor has begun! 🚀!
Validator Registrations on Goerli/Prater Update
Update on Github issues filed with Nimbus, Teku, and Lighthouse by jcrtp. Currently, Prysm does not appear to be affected by this problem. Nimbus has fixed the issue in their 22.8 release. Teku fixed the bug, LH has a fix but it hasn't been merged yet. Please update client software if available!
Live Flashbots MEV-Boost Relays
- A full list of Flashbots with their public keys is available at boost.flashbots.net
- Ongoing discussions in #41: dd Proposer config file specification
- Initial proposal for builder proposer payment is live. Still requesting feedback on the Identifier for builder to proposer transaction #220 issue. For now proceeding with payments from builder to proposer in a transaction at the end of the block.
- bloXroute Testnet MEV Relay Validator Instructions for Goerli
- bloXroute announces MEV Relay on Ropsten
- Great discussions around adding builder-specs, relay-specs, mev-boost, mev-boost-relay, and general PBS protocol implementation to the Ethereum Bug Bounty program https://ethereum.org/en/bug-bounty/ w/ EF folks.
Testing and implementation
- Troubleshooting Guide Live on Github
- MEV-Boost enabling for Teku now part of the official documentation
- Initial documentation re-write is complete! We’ve begun pushing changes to our repository, and soon, our website!
Consensus-layer client implementation status
Content and education
- 🎉 Successful MEV-boost testing through Goerli Shadow Fork 6 merge!
- ⚡ Understanding liveness risks from mev-boost
- ⚡Overhaul of our documentation and updates to docs.flashbots.net coming soon!
- EthStaker Validator Workshop #4 with Leo from Flashbots
- Stephane & BloXroute on the Unchained Podcast
- Open sourcing the Flashbots Relay
🛠️ Help us test mev-boost and our relay+builder on all the testnets - available on Kiln, Ropsten, Sepolia and Goerli. See also detailed instructions at https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost#usage
💡 Learn more about mev-boost at https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost, and about Flashbots at docs.flashbots.net
💬 Reach out via , and
#mev-boost in the Flashbots Discord