This MEV-Boost status update covers the past two weeks, from Aug 27 - Sep 9 2022.
- The Flashbots team will be in an active warroom at least 1.5 hours ahead of the Merge, currently predicted between Wed Sep 14 21:58 2022 UTC and Thu Sep 15 01:45 2022 UTC by https://bordel.wtf/.
- The Merge Community Thread: We’ve posted an open thread for the community to address Merge-related questions to the Flashbots team here.
- Live Merge News: Read-only announcements related to the Merge will be broadcasted publicly here.
- Node Operators running MEV-Boost: Please keep an eye on the Working Group Discord channel for live updates ahead and during the Merge window. For assistance, ping Kailin (Telegram: imkailin, Discord: kailin#7624).
- Nethermind 24h Live Merge Coverage - Youtube ‘election-style’ commentary on emerging Merge data, reflections on the past years Merge journey, and predictions for how things will change will be discussed.
- EthStaker Mainnet Merge Livestream - Join Bankless, The Daily Gwei, and EthStaker along with notable guests and the wider Ethereum community as we celebrate the Ethereum network transition from Proof-of-Work to Proof-of-Stake.
- New MEV-Boost release v0.8.2 - a bunch of additions, improvements, and minor bugs fixed: https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost/releases/tag/v0.8.2.
- Block scoring for mev-boost relays - Flashbots and BloXroute met to standardize how the value of a block is determined under MEV-Boost architecture. Block-level scoring was determined to be the most simple, intuitive, and generalized way to score a block. Read more and weigh-in here.
- Released v0.82
- We’ve opened our Goerli relay endpoints to allow for external builders to submit blocks and check validator registrations! 🎊
- Request validator registrations & duties from relay: GET https://builder-relay-goerli.flashbots.net/relay/v1/builder/validators.
- Submit blocks to relay: POST https://builder-relay-goerli.flashbots.net/relay/v1/builder/blocks.
Live Flashbots MEV-Boost Relays
- Mainnet: https://boost-relay.flashbots.net
- A comprehensive list of relays is available at boost.flashbots.net.
- Relay monitor implementation continues on the backend and in mev-boost. 🚀
- Sarah Liu to deploy disclose.io for bug bounty program addressing issues with Flashbots infrastructure.
- Rocketpool just released latest Smartnode version that includes the mainnet Flashbots relay.
Testing and implementation
Consensus-layer client implementation status
Content and education
- Website that accurately predicts the Merge https://bordel.wtf.
- Leo’s appearance on EthStaker’s Validator Workshop.
- Episode 243: Dive Back into MEV with Alex Stokes and Chris Hager.
- Bankless Episode #133 - Flashbots Saves Crypto with Stephane Gosselin.
🛠️ Help us test mev-boost and our relay+builder on all the testnets - available on Kiln, Ropsten, Sepolia and Goerli. See also detailed instructions at https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost#usage.
💬 Reach out via ‣, and
#mev-boost in the Flashbots Discord.