This MEV-Boost status update covers the past two weeks, from July 15th to July 29th. See all previous mev-boost status updates here.
- Final report of the first code audit published
- mev-boost is now generally feature complete and fully tested. Only minor incremental improvements are expected from here on.
- Releases of mev-boost v0.7.5, v0.7.6 and v0.7.7
- Addressing the remaining low-priority issues from the code audit
- Minor quality-of-life improvements
- Installation now possible with:
go install github.com/flashbots/mev-boost@latest
Live Flashbots relays:
- Minor updates on the draft version, in particular around the Data API. Any more comments?
- Data API to get recently delivered payloads will be deployed next week.
- The MEV-Boost landing page is live!
- Nethermind released the sedge tool which can quickly spin up various CL+EL combinations with mev-boost
- Ongoing discussions:
- Censorship Resistance: crlists in mev-boost #215
- Safeguards and mitigations to preserve liveness #222
- mev-boost circuit breaker proposal
- Relay monitoring & preventing continued relay errors #142
- Relay spam protection: require a small deposit to submit blocks as a builder #219
- Consensus-layer call 92: discussions around circuit-breaker and relay monitor
Testing and implementation
- Goerli Shadow Fork 6 happening next week.
- Goerli fork happening early August, projected August 6-12, 2022
- Updated MEV Boost\Builder API instructions from Teku are live
- Lodestar merged mev-boost into
- Confirmed successful first testnet interactions with Lodestar and Nimbus.
Consensus-layer client implementation status
Content and education
- Actions to take for Mev-boost Readiness ahead of the Merge announcement is live!
- If you would like to join the mev-boost testing group, please complete the node operator testnet setup and notify Kailin (Telegram/Discord: @imkailin) for support.
💡 Learn more about mev-boost at https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost, and about Flashbots at docs.flashbots.net
💬 Reach out via github.com/flashbots/mev-boost, and
#mev-boost in the Flashbots Discord
🛠️ Help us test mev-boost and our relay+builder on all the testnets - available on Kiln, Ropsten and Sepolia. See also detailed instructions at https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost#usage