This MEV-Boost status update covers the past two weeks, from July 29th to August 12th.
- The third and final testnet Goerli network transition to proof-of-stake (PoS) occurred when the Terminal Total Difficulty (TTD) exceeded 10,790,000, around 1:45 UTC
- MEV-Boost v0.7.8 has been released - and includes the
Validator Registrations on Goerli/Prater
Much appreciation to jcrtp#0477 from Rocketpool and Yorick from EthStaker for flagging issues registering validators with various client configurations on the Goerli network. According to the builder-spec, only pending or active validators should be sent to MEV-Boost for validator registration, and not exited validators. Github issues to implement this designation have been filed with Nimbus, Teku, and Lighthouse. Prysm does not appear to be affected by this problem. We are grateful for your testing support, and will continue to monitor progress. Please refer to 502 During Validator Registration with an Exited Validator #245 for further updates and contributions.
Live Flashbots MEV-Boost Relays
- https://builder-relay-goerli-sf6.flashbots.net/ - Flashbots successfully tested mev-boost infrastructure in a simulated production environment with 9,100 registered validators on Goerli sf6. Read more here
Relay API Spec
- Data API to get recently delivered payload data is deployed on all networks
- The Data API can be used by blockchain explorers to check if a given slot (or slot+blockhash combo) was delivered by a Flashbots relay:
- Alex Stokes’ Relay Monitor Design Doc is live
- Adding a circuit breaker to the Ethereum Builder API was discussed on the August 11, 2022 Consensus Client call. See issue #47 specify liveness failsafe for builder network for details
- The initial proposal for builder proposer payment is live. Requesting feedback on this Identifier for builder to proposer transaction #220 issue
Testing and implementation
Consensus-layer client implementation status
Content and education
⚡Overhaul of our documentation and updates to docs.flashbots.net coming soon!
🛠️ Help us test mev-boost and our relay+builder on all the testnets - available on Kiln, Ropsten and Sepolia. See also detailed instructions at https://github.com/flashbots/mev-boost#usage
💬 Reach out via ‣, and
#mev-boost in the Flashbots Discord