This MEV-Boost status update covers the past two weeks, from Sep 9 - Sep 22, 2022. Note: Beginning September 23, 2022, we are updating the MEV-Boost Status Update release schedule from bi-weekly to update per month.
MEV-Boost Live on PoS Ethereum 🥳
- 🐼 Ethereum finalized 'The Merge' at block 15537393 on September 15, 2022, at 1:42:42 EST. The transition took place without a hitch, with only one missing block.
- 🤖The Flashbots MEV-Boost relay successfully sent bids beginning at epoch 146,890.
Block 15537940 is the first PoS block proposed by MEV-Boost. The Flashbots team is incredibly proud to be apart of such a big moment in the history of Ethereum. We want to thank ETH2 Working Group node operators, contributors, researchers, friends, the Ethereum community, and internal Flashbots mates for all the hard work and support leading up to this historic moment. We did it! 🥳 🎉
- We are proud to announce the release of the Flashbots Transparency Analytics Dashboard - NOW LIVE 🤖⚡The initial version of this dashboard displays metrics related to the release of the Flashbots MEV-Boost relay since the Merge on September 15, 2022. Check-out the official announcement for more details!
- getPayload with deposits post-mortem: On the launch day of MEV-Boost, there was a bug that caused missed slots when a deposit was included. The bug is resolved since version v1.3.1 (Friday 9/16). The total impact we are aware of was three missed slots. Please read the full post-mortem here.
- The Flashbots MEV-Boost Relay has 160,651 registered validators of 434,499 total validators (36.9% adoption) as of September 23, 2022. The Flashbots Builder has delivered over 10,000 payloads https://www.mevboost.org/ 🙌 🥳
⭐ MEV-Boost v1.3.2 Released ⭐
This release went live September 22, 2022, and includes several notable upgrades and QoL improvements:
getPayloadrequests are sent only to the relay(s) which had the bid (not to every relay as before)
- Enhanced logging which simplifies debugging, in particular on errors
-debugcli argument to enable debug logs
- Improved end-to-end testing with Ethereum Foundation test data. Fixed potential issue with voluntary exits.
Additional Development Updates
- Updated Flashbots Relay Data API to allow sorting delivered payloads by value
- Builder high/low-priority and disallow list added
- Flashbots Sepolia relay now accepts external block submissions
- Flashbots Goerli relay now accepts external block submissions
Flashbots MEV-Boost Relays
Testnet Discontinuation: We have shutdown relay and builder infrastructure for Goerli-Shadow-Fork-6, Ropsten, and Kiln. Resources will be focused on the Mainnet, Goerli, and Sepolia networks going forward.
- Mainnet: https://boost-relay.flashbots.net
- Goerli: https://boost-relay-goerli.flashbots.net
- Sepolia: https://boost-relay-sepolia.flashbots.net
- A comprehensive list of relays is available at boost.flashbots.net
- External block builder submissions are accepted on all the networks. See the block builder documentation for more details 🎊
- Relay monitor implementation continues, target initial release around Devcon. 🚀
- Disclose.io and SECURITY.MD for bug bounty program is live.
- Great tool for checking value of a block to the proposer, and comparing it to bids from a relay API: https://github.com/dvush/check-relay-value (by @drog_v) ⚡
Testing and implementation
- Flashbots relay documentation
- Flashbots block proposal documentation
- MEV-Boost Security Assessment - 6/20/2022
- Improved MEV-Boost release process documentation
Consensus-layer client implementation status
Content and education
- MEV-Boost report on Ethereum Foundation Consensus Layer Call #96 [2022/9/22]
- Highlights of Ethereum's Consensus Layer Call #96
- EthStaker Guide for Installing MEV-Boost
- Episode 243: Dive Back into MEV with Alex Stokes and Chris Hager.
- Bankless Episode #133 - Flashbots Saves Crypto with Stephane Gosselin.
💬 Reach out via ‣, and
#mev-boost in the Flashbots Discord.